Monday, April 30, 2012

Haiku Heights April Challenge, day 30 "zest"


We have come at the end of our April Challenge. Today day 30, the last day. I am glad to have participated in this Haiku Heights April Challenge and I loved to be a part of it.
I have read wonderful haiku during this month and really ... it was a challenge. Thank you all for participating and for your nice contributions to it. 

Today the prompt is zest I didn't know the meaning of it so (again) I had to do some research on it. I ran into the following meaning and synonyms:
the basic meaning of it is enthusiasm and I have found a few synonyms for it. For example: sparkle, yearning, devotion, energy and liveliness. This will not be an easy one, but I have to do it to enclose this April Challenge of Haiku Heights. Thank you Leo for giving me (us) the opportunity to be part of it.

with enthusiasm
I started writing for this
haiku challenge

haiku challenge
brought me some new insights
sparkling eyes

Sparkling Eyes (steady shot from War Horse the movie
sparkling eyes
as I read the haiku of our friends
my heart is yearning

my heart is yearning
for another challenge of haiku
feeling sad right now

feeling sad right now
but with devotion I write on
with enthusiasm

Well ... our Haiku Heights April Challenge ends today ... it was a tough ride, but I have enjoyed it very much. See you again ... in another haiku challenge.


9 comments:

Jaideep Rao said...

See you soon, very nicely written and great ending!

rallentanda said...

It is sad poetry month is over...
a lovely sincere haiku! Cheers.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I know what you mean about feeling sad. When good things come to an end, there is an emptiness...

Elusive Music

Mohini Puranik said...

Excellent and month was really full of zest!

I am also a bit sad, but we will be writing haiku for next challenge again.

kaykuala said...

The zest to perform. Nice to have your company in April haiku. Great cascades haiku. Danke Chev!

Hank

Sri Valli said...

Ah!...I feel the same now!!...Beautiful haiku....everyone here can relate well to this haiku....And yeah, I enjoyed reading all your haiku in this April...Thank you for sharing...Happy Writing!

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome haiku as usual ~ I am a bit sad too ~ but we still have HH on Saturdays ^_^ ~great to share haiku with you for April ~Hope to see you on Saturday HH ^_^ ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Grace said...

Lovely cascading haiku ~

I have enjoyed reading yours....now I am taking a break...Until the next challenge ~

happy journeys ~

PattiKen said...

Your series is a lovely way to wind up the challenge. I've enjoyed reading your haiku during the month. Thanks for visiting to read and comment on mine. I appreciate it.