Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Haiku Challenge day 28


Written for The Haiku Challenge 2012 - Day 28 – February 28th – Theme or Word: YOUR BLOG NAME FORM: Haiku + Form of your Wish

Chèvrefeuille or Honeysuckle
Chèvrefeuille's Haiku-blog is the name of my weblog. It's my 'Nom de Plume' Chèvrefeuille. With that pseudonym I follow in the footsteps of the classical haiku masters as e.g. Matsuo Basho and Kobayashi Issa. As Chèvrefeuille I write haiku since the start of this millennium. Before that I wrote my haiku as Kristjaan Panneman (that's my real name) and became a well known Haiku Poet in my country.
Since I am using my nom de plume I became also an international known haiku poet. Several years ago I started my first weblog Chèvrefeuille's Haiku-blog on Blogger. Now a days I have four weblogs all about haiku or other poetry forms.

For todays challenge I have written the following set of haiku:

scent of Honeysuckle
arouses my senses
this hot summer night

searching my inner self
following the way of Honeysuckle
path of wisdom (*)

(*) Honeysuckle, in her spiritual meaning is the path of wisdom to find your inner self.

midsummer night
Honeysuckle in full bloom
Ah! that perfume


(Chèvrefeuille is French for Honeysuckle)




Another one:

scent of Honeysuckle
the smell of dew on her flowers
Holy incense


Well ... see you tomorrow when the last day of The Haiku Challenge is on ... I shall miss it ...

Sincerely,

17 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

So nice to know more about you and the honors you have been given from writing haiku...the honeysuckle ones are beautiful...

Grace said...

I enjoyed the honeysuckle images...very nice to know more about you ~

Asni said...

This is such a lovely set of haiku and thank you for letting us know more about you.

Ellecee said...

Thank you for all of your special Haiku. I have enjoyed every one. Today's and others too. Thank you.

Mama Zen said...

Stunningly beautiful!

vivinfrance said...

I love your choice of blog name. And you live up to it :-)
Honeysuckle is much prettier than "goat leaf" which is how chèvrefeuille translates literally!

Pranali Kadam said...

A wonderful perception molded into words about your Haiku blogs.
I am glad you are well known Haiku Poet in Netherland.
Its a immense pleasure to read your Haiku.
I liked the Honeysuckle Haiku,a lot.
:) Thank you

Chèvrefeuille said...

It was really a pleasure to write my haiku for you all and it's even a greater pleasure to read your kind words and comments.
I feel a bit sad now, because The Haiku Challenge is almost over. Just one day to go and than ...
Well I hope you will continuing your visits to my haiku-blog.

Blessed Be,

tears in my eyes
to know that the Challenge is over
it was really great

SweetTalkingGuy said...

Honeysuckle, wonderful words!

br!nDle said...

its amazing to know that even a small honeysuckle can be this much inspirational...loved it...:)

beccagivens said...

Wonderful explanation ... it is a joy to visit. Thank you for sharing!
Here is my Day 28.

Lolamouse said...

So nice to learn a bit about you. I had been wondering about your name. Beautiful haiku and images!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

"the way of honeysuckle"

Oh, what a sweet-smelling way it is!

Magical and Mystical

Buddha3074 said...

I love your work today, excellent write again.

zongrik said...

oh, makes me just imagine that great scent

☂☆ Vållῐ ★♬ said...

Chevrefeuille...I always wondered what it meant.....Today I've known the meaning...
Brilliant haiku....greatly penned!

Someone is Special said...

brilliant and beautiful Chevrefeuille.. Loved it..