Friday, March 6, 2015

Mindlovemisery's Menagerie Photo Challenge 50 "Twister"


Photo © Keiko McCartney
Another photo challenge by MindLoveMisery's Menagerie ... I just had to be part of it ...

This is a wonderful image to become inspired ... what is my inspiration distilled from this photo/image? I see the Twister, healthy and strong. I see the guy in front watching it ... he seems not to be afraid for what is coming. The river in front is still calm with just a few wrinkles. The sky so dark that there will not be any sound of birds or other animals ... I asked myself "how can I catch the essence of this image?"

Here is my try to write an impression, a haiku ... :

through the river
twister takes the fastest path -
birds remain silent


© Chèvrefeuille

I hope I did catch the essence of this image, the strongness of the twister against the fragility and silence of the birds ....

What do you think?

Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille

3 comments:

Blog It Or Lose It said...

There's a layer of mystery here, Chevrefeuille -- the man's faith, symbolism in the river perhaps?, and the wisdom of the birds. This is a haiku you want to read several times to let it wash over you!

And --- I could relate to the silence of the birds too. That ominous, pre-storm silence -- as even the birds are in awe of nature.

So, yes, I'd say you captured the essence of the photo beautifully :)

Cressida de Nova said...

Your haiku reflects the quiet. It is though the sound has been shut off.
Like this one.

mindlovemisery said...

A powerful haiku indeed, the ending line about the birds being silent really captures the foreboding of the oncoming storm