Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sensational Haiku Wednesday on "silhouette"

Join the fun!


Also published for: The Purple Tree House, back to basic

Hello to you all. Another Sensational Haiku Wednesday. This week's prompt is "silhouette", must be an easy one I think. Let's go do it and join the fun of writing haiku.

boy's silhouette
on the white mansion wall 
between sunflowers


under the willow
on the city's graveyard
weeping silhouette




playing with the sun
the shadows of my children
on the white wall

I have tried to write these haiku in the classical form of 5-7-5 syllables, not so easy as I thought, because I write my haiku mostly in the Kanshicho-style. In this style the syllable count is different.

Well ... until next week :)

12 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Unusual but lovely haiku.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautiful, and I love the lovely willow in the photo too.

beccagivens said...

I am not familiar with Kanshicho-style Haiku ... I will have to look it up. You did a great job here ... I like the visual imagery!!

Unknown said...

loved this thank you x

Chèvrefeuille said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. Kanshicho-style is a haiku-style which was used by Matsuo Basho for several years. It's different with the classical haiku form which counts 5-7-5 syllables, in the Kanshicho-style the syllable count can be e.g. 4-9-3 or 5-10-2 and so on. It's a style of writing haiku that's more used in the Western World.

For example:

a lonely flower
my companion
for one night

In this the syllable count is 6-5-4

Jack Edwards Poetry said...

Lovely combination of image and Haiku. I have never seen this type of Haiku before either. Thank you for introducing me to it.

Here is my entry: http://www.jackedwardspoetry.blogspot.com/2011/12/sorry-performance-poem.html

Anonymous said...

+

Silhouettes noires
dans la rue à l'écart -
s'éloignent.

+

Gen said...

Nice!

.....
empty room
only trembles on wall
pine's shadow

Chèvrefeuille said...

Thank you all for your nice comments. I see that some of you have tried the Kanshicho-style haiku ... it's a lovely style and I hope that there will be more haiku poets who are going to try this style. It's an original style which Basho used for several years (1682-1685). Kanshicho-style means "in the way of Chinese poems). No syllable-count. It was a reaction on the Danrin-school.
Well enjoy :)

a nice song
an ancient way
to write haiku

Belva Rae Staples said...

I really like what you have done here!

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

incredible.

:)

Chèvrefeuille said...

Hi Belva and Taylor, I feel humble. You're both giving such nice words to me about my haiku. Thank you so much.

Namaste