Thursday, April 12, 2012

Haiku Heights April Challenge, day 12 "coherent"


Day 12 of our Haiku Heights April Challenge is on. The theme is "coherent". I didn't know the meaning of coherent so I had to search (again) for the meaning and synonyms of coherent. Coherent means understandable and I found the next synonyms of coherent crystal, manifest, sharp, plain and simple.

crystal clear
fresh fallen snow in the backyard -
in the full moonlight

in the full moonlight
waving branches sharp and bare
winter landscape

winter landscape
departing geese, leaving the cold,
snow is falling

snow is falling
covering Mother Earth's body
crystal clear


See you tomorrow.

12 comments:

Marleen said...

hoi Kristjaan,
de 2e en 3e haiku zijn prachtig!

Diana Teneva said...

I like your way of writing poetry and especially haiku poetry! Amazing haiku set again!!!

Ellecee said...

Your haiku paints a beautiful picture. I can feel the fresh bite that a clear snowy night brings. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen you fail at coming up with appropriate Haiku for prompts ... :) What I am most amazed is your ability in a language that is not your primary one!! Bravo ~~
Thank you for your visit. :)

Chèvrefeuille said...

Thank you for your kind comments. It wasn't an easy one this time. I had to think about the theme very much and had a moment I thought "I quit".
I am glad I didn't quit. :-)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I like the crispness--and coherence--of this series!


“Six Takes on ‘Coherent’”

“What Coherent Tales”

Siggi in Downeast Maine said...

I appreciate the work you have to do to write these prompts. This was a difficult one for me too. I still don't know if I comprehended the word ...I thought I did before I started to write.
Not only did you accomplish what many I think couldn't do, you managed to find lovely and appropriate illustrations.
Thank you.
I enjoyed your post very much.
Peace,♥.
Siggi in Downeast Maine, USA

Jyoti Mishra said...

coherence is all around us..
we only need to open our eyes :)

Unknown said...

I very much enjoy your take on the inspiration word. :)

Mr. Walker said...

I like the direction you took with "coherent". Your images are certainly coherent.

Richard

Grace said...

NO quitting here..he..he...

I like the crystal clear image...very well done ~

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the idea of a moonlit landscape of white snow!