Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Carpe Diem Summer Retreat 2016 (12) blooming ice-flowers


Dear friends,

Far back in time, around 2005, I wrote my first English haiku:


a lonely flower
my companion
for one night

© Chèvrefeuille

Maybe you know this haiku or maybe you have read it elsewhere, but I have great and nice memories to this first English haiku ever written by me. It was published several times and it also was translated in several other languages.

For this new submission for the Carpe Diem Summer Retreat I have written a new one. That new haiku I will share hereafter, but it brought that first English haiku in mind, so I just had to share that haiku here with you also.

Ice-flowers
in a tiny corner
of the mansion's backyard
blooming ice flowers

© Chèvrefeuille

I hope you did like the read. See you tomorrow.

If you also want to participate in Carpe Diem's Summer Retreat 2016, "One With Nature", writing every day a haiku for 30 days? Than visit Carpe Diem Summer Retreat.


2 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Those ice flowers would certainly brighten up any corner they grew in.

Anonymous said...

I never tire of reading your first one and What a beautiful moment you've captured in this new haiku