Monday, September 10, 2012

Tackle It Tuesday, kigo (seasonword)


Dear Haijin,

Another week has gone. I am busy with the September Heights Challenge to write an every day haiku on a given prompt and I have seen several of you, my dear Haijin, posting wonderful haiku on September Heights.
As you could have read in Tackle It Tuesday´s Preview of September 7th this week the prompt is Kigo (or seasonword). One of the basic rules for haiku is the use of a kigo to place a haiku in the right time of the year. For example: Moon is a kigo for Autumn. Another example: Butterflies are a kigo for Summer.

midsummer night
walking along the seashore -
the sound of waves

the sound of waves
scattering on the beach
midsummer night

Must be an easy one to do I think. So enjoy the fun, be inspired and please leave a comment after linking.




7 comments:

Chèvrefeuille said...

Good day my dear Haijin,

A new Tackle It Tuesday is on. This week's theme is Kigo (or seasonword). Try to write a haiku (or two) with a kigo in it.
Have fun, be inspired and please ... write a comment after linking.

Namaste

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed your preview of kigo, nicely explained. As always your haiku are beautiful. I love the thought of the sound of waves scattering.

joanne said...

I live on the seashore, and you have captured a summer's eve stroll on the wave-sparked sand....beautiful.....

carol l mckenna said...

Love images of 'midsummer night' coming to mind in your excellent haiku ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Mariya Koleva said...

Hi, Kristjaan. This is my first appearance here. I utterly enjoyed it. I shall make it a point not to forget Tackle It Tuesday again.

Sri Valli said...

I love the music of nature...so soothing....beautiful haiku!!

Unknown said...

Hi there, I am giving this a try as I love the way you did yours. Great Haiku. Mine is here
Have you a FANTABULOUS WEEK!!!
hugs
shakira