Friday, April 6, 2012

Haiku Heights April Challenge, day 6 "hope"

Also shared on: Haiku My Heart 

Haiku My Heart


Today's prompt is hope it's a nice theme especially as we see in which time we are living. Today it is Good Friday (as we call it here in the Netherlands, it's the friday before Easter) and Easter stands in my opinion for Hope, new life and Spring. Spring the season of hope. Mother Earth is coming alive again. Everywhere I look flowers are blooming, trees are blooming, trees began to grow and you can see that nice touch of young green on the bare branches, buds beginning to open, birds and all other animals begin to reproduce ... it's all new life, it's really spring. And that's a wonderful theme for haiku. So this is my contribution for todays prompt.

Blooming cherry trees at Lake Biwa (Japan)
spring is here again
Mother Earth's face changes
becomes alive

becomes alive
our Lord Jesus Christ has risen 
conquered death

conquered death
all nature's coming to bloom
bringing new hope

bringing new hope
pigeons making love
in the Cherry Tree

in the Cherry Tree
a Magpie building his nest
spring is here again

Credits by Aryma: Thai Magpie

Well .... see you tomorrow.


19 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Magical set of haiku ~ great work as usual and love the photos ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Hazel said...

So glad He conquered death and gave us a chance at life.

Happy Easter!

Andy Sewina said...

Great hope you bring into the world with this message!

Happy Easter!!

Spadoman said...

It is more than amazing how it is all tied together, nature in Spring time, the rebirth and Easter and its meaning to the Christian world. You did a great job with the haiku. I am glad to see you enjoying Spring.

Peace

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I am partial to the magpie building a nest in the cherry tree. Somehow, it warms my heart.

Tell Me, Sister Crow

Grace said...

I like the hope and renewal of faith, of spring in your words ~

anthonynorth said...

Great pics and haiku. Enjoyed them.

Mohini Puranik said...

Beautiful ..expression about spring. I also feel a new hope, seeing the blooming spring with hope.

Lea said...

Beautiful haiku juxtaposed between the photo and print...

Ellecee said...

This is a beautiful and hopeful set of haiku. Each unit building on the renewal of Easter and Spring. Being a romantic at heart I like this one:
"bringing new hope
pigeons making love
in the Cherry Tree"
And so life continues.

Ramesh Sood said...

Lovely Haiku..cascading...:))

PattiKen said...

Very nice. I especially like the last stanza. Hope shows itself in subtle ways sometimes.

Lenora said...

enjoy the magpie image.. Happy Easter

Siggi in Downeast Maine said...

I enjoyed this greatly...
hope eternal in verse.
Peace,
Siggi in Downeast Maine, USA

kaykuala said...

The happiness of spring registered all over, cascading smoothly. Great verse, Chev!

Hank

Diana Teneva said...

Amazing haiku set! Especially pigeons making love!!!

Happy Easter!

Jyoti Mishra said...

cherry trees.. pigeons and Easter :)

just lovely set up !!

Happy Easter !!

irene said...

A lovely uplifting crescendo of haikus this morning.

Marit said...

I thought I would have plenty of time this weekend to explore all the haiku blogs, but 'silent Saterday' went by in a flash and I haven't even visited half the circle... I just had to hop over to your blog though... and I am happily surprised to see every day haiku 'series' (I want to try that myself someday, is there a special name for that?) Happy Easter Kristjaan!