Sunday, September 2, 2012

September Heights, day 2: Color

Inspired by the theme at


September Heights, day 2: color ... Another nice prompt. Colors? Everywhere around me, around us are colors. The color of the sunrise, the color of the flowers and all those different tones of green of leaves and bushes. The colors of the birds ... and the colors of the people around us.
I am an observer ... when I sit on a terrace I love to watch people who are passing by. I enjoy that very much ... sometimes they walk towards me and starting to talk with me, but I also experienced sometimes some anger, because not everyone is glad to be watched at, but most of the time ... people are vainglorious (in the positive way of course) and love to be watched.
I myself, somewhat in vain maybe, love it when people are watching me. Yes ... I know ... not an act of a haiku poet heh ... but I am just a guy who writes haiku (and sometimes novels).

on the terrace
watching vainglorious people
colorful world 


colorful world
looking around in the streets
flowers blooming


flowers blooming
planted in red earthen pots
on the terrace




This was my take on color for today's September Heights, enjoy the read, see you tomorrow ... with another wonderful prompt loneliness. Be inspired ... enjoy ...

Warm greetings,

16 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

This is a colorful rendition of the prompt!

The Color of Fire

Barbara said...

Inspired! I was right there on the terrace with you. Well, almost. Well done.

Chèvrefeuille said...

Thank you MMT and Barbara for your kind words. I am so glad that we have another September Heights to accomplish ... I was looking forward to it and I have seen some wonderful prompts which will come.

A Hopeless Romantic said...

A Colorful image to go with a lovely Haiku.
Beautiful

Anonymous said...

you've captured the "colors" of life very well

Ellecee said...

It is indeed a "colorful world" Very nice Haiku and image.

Grace said...

Like the cascading haiku....the flowers on the terrace makes a colorful world ~

Ramesh Sood said...

Indeed what a sight it is...so very beautiful...

RS:)

Tigerbrite said...

Your choice of flowers for colour is inspired. I too like people watching :)

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy my visits and your offerings. Never leave disappointed. :) Thank you for sharing your Haiku and notations.
September Heights - Ink Skies

Mark said...

"vainglorious" isn't a word that you see too much of in English these days, but you've used it advantageously in your presentation.


Turquoise Serpent

kaykuala said...

Wonderful cascades Chev! Observing others can be most inspiring!

Hank

Hazel said...

Flowers blooming in red earthen pots - so appealing to me. My kind of beauty.

Siggi in Downeast Maine said...

Love your post..
thank you for the colorful
and delightful haiku
Peace,
Siggi in Downeast Maine

Mariya Koleva said...

Oh, it is so well-built! and the picture is quite fitting :-) it really brightened my day.

Someone is Special said...

A colourful Haiku..!

Someone is Special