Friday, December 2, 2011

Thursday Poets Rally, week 57



Another week has gone by. The Thursday Poets Rally week 57 has already begun. So another weeks challenge to write a few haiku for this Poets Rally.
Sometimes I don't have enough inspiration to write my haiku, but the last days there was an overwhelming inspiration by reading Haiku Vol. 3 by R.H.Blyth. In our haiku world we call the Haiku series (4 volumes) of Blyth "the Bible of haiku". Blyth has a great feeling with haiku of the ancient masters such as Matsuo Basho and Kobayashi Issa. Vol. 3 of this series is titled "summer-autumn". I love both seasons, but My heart begans beating a little bit harder when it's autumn. So I have chosen a few haiku with autumn as theme.

autumn tranquility
the days shorten
the colourful leaves
Ah! what a sight

mysterious moon
behind thin clouds
leaves falling

tears fall
this autumn day
has gone by
such sadness
without the full moon

credits: moon behind clouds
This series of haiku and one tanka (the last one) made for Thursday Poets Rally week 57

A cold winter day
I think of days gone
and days to come


Sincerely,

15 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Lovely. I love fall but do not love the snow and cold and ice that follows all too soon.
Thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely comment, nice to meet you.

Chèvrefeuille said...

Nice to meet you too. I am always on the search for poetry, so I ran into your site through the Poets Rally.

Anonymous said...

Lovely images in your haikus! I especially like fall as well and it is cold and bare here now. It's nice to hold on to those imageS and feelings. Thanks for coming be The Attic too!

Simran said...

Beautiful blog and poetry.
Glad I visited to your blog.
Following you!

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my work..Hope to have you again soon

Take care

Pat-Mather Brown Gordon-ceton said...

honest introduction on top.
Glad to see you inspired to write these elegant Haikus.

Way to go.

Happy Rally.

pamanner said...

There is something haunting about autumn that I love.
http://pamanner.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/oneirologist/

Becky Sain said...

Nice haiku. Thanks for sharing.

Voice of True Love said...

I love the beauty of fall, so i really like a lot in your poem, especially the first verse.

Classic NYer said...

These are beautiful. I love autumn as well. It's my favorite of the seasons.

Scarlet said...

Beautiful words and picture... I like the concept of summer-autumn days ~

beccagivens said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year ... over the beauty of Spring ... I always feel a transformational shift as the leaves turn into a majestic coat of colors. Thank you for sharing a great set of Haiku. :-)

Chèvrefeuille said...

Autumn is closing
the last leaves falling -
th first snow

Thank you all for your nice comments and words. I am honoured to see how much others enjoying my haiku.

Namaste

Blossom Vydrina said...

lovely seasonal poems

Melle said...

I love the second haiku here, with the lovely moon and the leaves falling. Thank you for sharing with us!

Chèvrefeuille said...

I am grateful for the kind comments on my haiku. I love to write and share them with every one.

It's my pleasure to write ...