Friday, March 6, 2015

Mindlovemisery's Menagerie Photo Challenge 50 "Twister"


Photo © Keiko McCartney
Another photo challenge by MindLoveMisery's Menagerie ... I just had to be part of it ...

This is a wonderful image to become inspired ... what is my inspiration distilled from this photo/image? I see the Twister, healthy and strong. I see the guy in front watching it ... he seems not to be afraid for what is coming. The river in front is still calm with just a few wrinkles. The sky so dark that there will not be any sound of birds or other animals ... I asked myself "how can I catch the essence of this image?"

Here is my try to write an impression, a haiku ... :

through the river
twister takes the fastest path -
birds remain silent


© Chèvrefeuille

I hope I did catch the essence of this image, the strongness of the twister against the fragility and silence of the birds ....

What do you think?

Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille

2018 July Re-published on Carpe Diem's Summer Retreat 2018

4 comments:

Blog It Or Lose It said...

There's a layer of mystery here, Chevrefeuille -- the man's faith, symbolism in the river perhaps?, and the wisdom of the birds. This is a haiku you want to read several times to let it wash over you!

And --- I could relate to the silence of the birds too. That ominous, pre-storm silence -- as even the birds are in awe of nature.

So, yes, I'd say you captured the essence of the photo beautifully :)

Cressida de Nova said...

Your haiku reflects the quiet. It is though the sound has been shut off.
Like this one.

Anonymous said...

A powerful haiku indeed, the ending line about the birds being silent really captures the foreboding of the oncoming storm

Anonymous said...

this is interesting, not only for the image that inspired it, and a "literal" interpretation of it, in essences too - but also, because you've dropped deeper into the ideas of the paths we so often follow - running recklessly in haste, like tornadoes, and all around, everything watches, in stillness, holding breath to see the path, before and during the storm;

I like this for the essences implied and for the fact that yes, so often, before a storm, whether natural or "man made" there is that sudden and complete "silence" - a tell-tale sign for anyone wishing to truly witness.