Friday, July 17, 2015

Carpe Diem Haiku Kai's Kingyo (Goldfish)


Good day dear friends and followers,

It's a while ago that posted here on my personal weblog, because of lack of time ... Today I love to share a haiku based on the "Midsummer Feeling" prompt "Gingyo or Goldfish" as is the prompt for today at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.



It's not a very easy prompt I think, so I will try to write an all new haiku with (hopefully) goldfish in it or else Koi or Carp ... I just have to give it a try.

next to the pond
cherry tree in bloom -
a carp
jumps

© Chèvrefeuille


This haiku is part of a haibun which I wrote several years ago. That haibun was based on Basho's famous haibun "The Narrow Road Into the Deep North" and was written in Dutch. I have tried to translate it, but that takes to much time, so maybe ... later I will translate it.

Well ... I hope you did like the read.

If you like to write and share haiku than feel free to visit my daily haiku-meme Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and participate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very *definitely* in the spirit of Basho -- a perfectly captured moment, Chevrefeuille :)

Mark said...

It's always impressive to see a carp jump, especially during cherry-tree bloom.

Unknown said...

Why did the carp jump - such resonance has the same symbolism as Basho's frog. I like this one very much.