Friday, February 24, 2012

The Haiku Challenge day 24


Written for The Haiku Challenge 2012 - Day 24 – February 24th – Words: Dream Walks Thanks to Rachana Shakyawar of Humming Today because the phrase 'Dream Walks' was coined from her poem

Dream Walks ... This I associate with the Vision Quest. But as I went on search of Dream Walks on the Internet I ran into organized walks for cancer. What to do ...?
I just write a few new haiku with both meanings in it.

against cancer
walking with each other
Dream Walks


Dream Walks
while walking, my thoughts go to
my brother's spirit


Credits: Vision Quest

bringing alive
the inner child within me
on a Vision Quest

on a Vision Quest
searching for the roots of my life
in my far past


See you tomorrow for a new challenge :-)

11 comments:

Grace said...

Very nice set...I commend you for your posts in this challenge considering English is not your first language ~

Asni said...

I second what Grace said. Nicely done considering. Do you write haiku in Dutch?

Anonymous said...

that's so sad

Chèvrefeuille said...

Thanks for these kind words. And to give answer on your question Asni. Yes I do write haiku in Dutch. I also translate haiku from Dutch to English, French and German.

(Dutch)

middernacht
een nachtegaal zingt het hoogste lied
versterkt de stilte

(English)

deep silence
a nightingale's song
in the twilight

(French)

un silence profond
la chanson de rossignol
au crepuscule

Maude Lynn said...

Well done! The second is my favorite.

Ramesh Sood said...

This is very touching..and well done..

Come back to see ..I have completed the chain.. RS:)

Susie Clevenger said...

such nice haiku for dream walks...walks for a cure...and walks to search the inner you

paulo guimaraes said...

The beauty of your work is striking. Excellent writes, spirit journeys or inner reflection, the paths to being one with the self.

sonsylass said...

I can only agree with the previous comments - lovely to read a haiku in french.

becca givens said...

walks against cancer -- very tender
vision quest -- reflective

Nicely done ~~ I'm later than usual, however ... Here is my Day 24.

Someone is Special said...

perfect Chevrefeuille...! I thank you for writing this set :-) I am really glad you can write in Dutch and French too.. Do you write in Japanese.?