Monday, February 20, 2012

The Haiku Challenge, day 20


Written for The Haiku Challenge 2012 - Day 20 – February 20th – Quote: Live out of your imagination, not your history

Imagination or fantasies of the mind. Haiku isn't imagination it's about real life. It paints with words a tiny little moment as short as a pebble thrown in the water. In just an eye blink the haiku poet composes his haiku. But this is The Haiku Challenge so haiku can be a way to compose with words your fantasies.

Life has been good to me and I had a wonderful youth. Memories that are close to my heart. I don't live out on my history ... so let's go ... I will write a few haiku right from the heart and out of my imagination.

my imagination
walking on a sunny beach
another day gone


laying in the sand
with the love of my life
totally naked


totally naked
sharing body fluids
sand on my buttocks



walking in moonlight
hand in hand with my love
the sound of the sea


the sound of the sea
accompanies a French kiss
her delicious scent

I live out of my imagination and not my history. I just imagine how it should be when I lived with my family in the Caribbean. I see the white beaches, I feel the sun on my naked body, the ocean wind through my hair, the shade of the palm trees and the music of the Caribbean. Awesome I think. Maybe this year I will visit the Dominican Republic with my lovely wife. Maybe ... my imagination as painted with the words of this series of haiku will become reality and if so ... it will become a part of my history.

See you tomorrow.



11 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

Seems this sparked a sensual imagination...beautiful

Ellecee said...

Steamy Haiku!! I can feel the heat from here. Imagination indeed :-)

Grace said...

a nice romantic and sensual set...i like where your imagination led you to write ~

⁂ܓVållῐ ⁂ܓ☺ said...

Beautiful set of haiku....Beautiful imaginations :)

Live your lively imaginations

... said...

Vivid imagination.
From a mundane walk to intimacy
From Moonlight walk to the sound of sea.

Amazingly beautiful set.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

These haiku are wonderful. Thanks!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Your haiku imaginatively reflects on your real life interaction with the environment! Lovely!

becca givens said...

Another amazing set from you!!

Here is my Day 20.

Cloaked Monk/Terri said...

Oh my! It sounds like you visited the Dominican Republic in your imagination. I wonder if the reality will live up to the fantasy?

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I would think the sound of the sea and a French kiss would coalesce nicely! :)



Imagine Pigeon Pie or Imagine Corn Soup Simmering

Someone is Special said...

sensual imagination.. Beautifully done!