Friday, February 3, 2012

The Haiku Challenge, day 3


Everything can be the source for inspiration, such as a wonderful poem, a painting or a song. But also a wonderful photograph. For this day of The Haiku Challenge the source of inspiration is a wonderful photo by Anand.



I wonder if I can write a haiku on this photo and make it a 'photo-haiga'.

This was a tough one. I came up with the following haiku:

strong hands praying
on the corner of the street -
God be with you

This one feels good it has a positive energy according to the photo.


I have made several 'photo-haiga' in the past years, one of them I love to publish here. This one I made with the Benidorm (Spain) Cross as inspiration.


See you again next day ... for a new haiku for the Haiku Challenge 2012.

17 comments:

... said...

You came up with a very good one.
Lovely.

RaNiiiiii said...

Nice Haiku.. aptly written!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Delightful reflection!

beccagivens said...

I LIKE it ... I was unfamiliar with the term "photo haiga" ... I believe it is one of the prompts a little further along in our journey ... thank you for directing my attention to a new term ...

Chèvrefeuille said...

Thank you for the kind words on this day 3 of The Haiku Challenge.

snow is falling
the backyard covered
also is Buddha

Lolamouse said...

Beautiful thought for the day.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Until I read your words, I never thought of these hands as praying...but why not? :)


To Paint This Image
To Paint the Image

Grace said...

I too like the hands praying ~

My Arabic Journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vidya Sury said...

Beautiful! :-) Looking forward to coming by, everyday

Simran said...

Powerful your words!

br!nDle said...

Nice...(:

Amber said...

A different take on this. A positive one! Nice! :)

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

sweet and lovely sentiments in your haiku.

Someone is Special said...

They are indeed strong hands.. I loved your take on the image..

Someone is Special

Paulog30 said...

I can feel you put your heart into it, I can feel the sincerity toward the subject. Good job!

Andy Sewina said...

Cool interpretation!