Friday, September 7, 2012

September Heights, day 8 Render

Inspired by the theme at


Day Eight is on ... another day to write haiku on a given prompt ... today the prompt is RENDER. I have never heard of this word so I have to search the Internet for meaning and synonyms. On Thesaurus.com I found the next meaning of render, contribute and the following synonyms which I (hopefully) can use for today's haiku, give, deliver, give voice to, show, prove (or evidence), give back, reciprocate, interpret, impersonate, witness, surrender, devote, reproduce and abandon. A lot of synonyms ... can I write with these the haiku for today? Well ... I think so. Let's give it try.

Credits: devote
devotees kneeling
in front of Mother Mary's statue
adoring her

adoring her
strong love for all living creatures
giving voice to



giving voice to
and reciprocate Her Child
to humanity

to humanity
I would like to say GIVE LOVE

kneeling devotees

I had some difficulties with this prompt and tried to write a cascade originating from devote (one of the synonyms I had found for render).

See you all tomorrow again for another September Heights day ... GLOSS is than our prompt to 'struggle' with (smiles).


21 comments:

Judith Westerfield said...

If you had trouble it doesn't show. Good! good! good!

Ellecee said...

This cascading haiku is lovely. All beautifully said about devotion.

Barbara said...

I love how the cascade circles back to the beginning . Well done!

Anonymous said...

I think that you did a great job with this prompt, as I don't feel that render is an easy word to write a haiku. The last two lines of your haiku really brought everything you stated so nicely. :)

carol l mckenna said...

wonderful set of haiku devoted to Our Lady ~ (A Creative Harbor)

joanne said...

visuals and message are 'rendered' beautifully....

Anonymous said...

Your haiku is a beautiful example of rendering service to humanity. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

No trouble understanding your beautiful haiku. A devoted rendering indeed

Reading Pleasure said...

A fine cascading adoration

Unknown said...

Lovely. I'll meditate more on it when I have more time, but I love the tender feeling of devotion.

Locomente said...

A devotee's cry...
Awesome!!!

http://locomente.blogspot.in/2012/09/beloved-parents.html

Locomente said...

Could hear the devotee's cry...
Nice

http://locomente.blogspot.in/2012/09/beloved-parents.html

Jolly said...

Lovely song of devotion!

odyzz said...

A devoting cascading haiku...brilliantly done...

many thanks for the encouraging words on my haiku...

Hazel said...

The only 'render' I know is "render a song..." you know the one in church, so my thoughts are not far from the words you used in your haiku today. I like the last one very much.

Mariya Koleva said...

I agree with the others that you did perfectly with the word. For me, too, this has been the hardest prompt so far in this challenge, because: 1. it is a verb, and 2. it has so many meanings, part of them really vague :-)
Your cascade is great, Kristjaan!

Tigerbrite said...

The last stanza says it all for me. Give love to others instead of knealing before a statue :)

Unknown said...

A haiku immersed in devotion. Nothing can be more soothing

Anonymous said...

Who could go wrong with the Blessed Mother? -- very nice!!
September Heights - Render

Mark said...

Rendering devotion is always a good thing, I'd say!


Render

Vinay Leo R. said...

I like the first one best :) It has a voice of its own..